Areas of Practice

Criminal Defence

We are usually contacted by people who have been charged by police with either a criminal offence or an offence under the Highway Traffic Act. The very first question I ask a client is whether they have said anything at all to the police. Often innocent people say things to police officers that can be interpreted as admissions that they are guilty. The best thing to do if you are confronted by police is to immediately call a lawyer. My home phone number is available from the police on request. A lawyer will quickly tell you what your rights are and protect you from making any mistakes that could hurt your case.

Personal Injury

People receive personal injuries in many different ways. It can be from a car accident, a fall on a street or in a store, a dog bite and countless other ways. When you are injured you may feel that someone else is at fault. If you contact a law firm such as ours you will be given advice as to whether you are able to recover money for the physical loss as well as any money you lose for time off work or expenses. Most lawyers will not charge fees for their services until the legal action is completed. The best thing to do is to contact a lawyer and get their opinion as to whether you are entitled to compensation.

Wills and Estates

Every adult person should prepare two documents, a will and a power of attorney. A will tells the world where you want any assets you own to go when you die. If you are a parent you can also decide who will be the guardian of your children when you die. A power of attorney appoints a responsible individual to manage your assets and make care decisions if you are incapacitated due to injury or mental health. If you do not prepare these documents costly court proceedings could be required that result in someone you never wanted being in charge of your estate.

Civil Lawsuits

Many times people have disputes with others over money, their employment, and many other issues. Our office acts to make sure you have adequate advice and representation to deal with those issues if they cannot be resolved by you.